At the heart of all Missing People’s activities is a commitment to better the lives of those affected by the missing issue. We are looking to expand our team of qualified freelance counsellors who deliver a telephone based service for the families of missing people.
The service currently focusses on the needs of adults missing a loved one but we know that children missing a family member have to deal with a wide range of emotional and practical concerns and need support to deal with the ‘ambiguous loss’ they are experiencing - and currently there is no specialist support for them. We are looking for counsellors who have experience of, and confidence in supporting both children and adults.
The counselling service is managed from our offices in Mortlake, South West London (only 13 mins from Clapham Junction and 23 mins from Waterloo). Typically our counsellors provide 10 telephone counselling sessions per month based upon individual need and often during weekends and evenings based from their own home based working environment.
What would we expect from counsellors?
- Minimum Diploma level counselling qualification and post qualifying experience
- BACP, UKCP, BPC or HCPC registered
- Experience of delivering counselling over the phone, Skype or experience on a Helpline
- Expertise in working with children, young people and adults
- Keenness and motivation to engage in the issue of missing people
- Interest in developing a new area of ‘expertise’ within a counselling framework
- Flexible availability
- A full CV;
- A supporting statement (maximum 2 pages) setting out your experience and qualifications in relation to the expectations listed above;
- Equal Opportunities Form.