You will be using your excellent communication, interpersonal skills and experience in volunteer coordination to oversee the recruitment, training, induction, support and ongoing development of volunteers throughout Missing People.
Salary: £25,000 – 27,000 per annum
Hours: 35 per week, some out of office hour’s work will be required
Holiday: 25 days plus statutory holidays
Location: South West London (Central Office is based in Mortlake – 12 mins from Clapham Junction and 23 mins from Waterloo)
Missing People is on the Sunday Times “100 Best Not-for-profit Organisations to Work for” List 2016 and offers the below benefits:
- 25 days annual leave per annum/pro rata plus statutory holidays
- Additional annual leave days awarded on length of service*
- Company pension contribution
- Access to confidential GP, financial and legal information and counselling helplines
- Life insurance (3 x salary)*
- Interest-free Season Ticket Loans*
- Additional maternity and paternity pay and leave*
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
*available after probation period passed
About Missing People
Missing People’s vision is that every missing person is found safe.
We are a non-judgemental, highly skilled team of staff and volunteers working around the clock for everyone who needs us. We provide free 24 hour confidential support, help, advice by phone, email, text and online, including the opportunity to reconnect. We also coordinate a UK wide network of people, businesses and media to join the search for the estimated 250,000 people who go missing each year.
Missing People is an independent charity that relies on donations.
Using your excellent communication, interpersonal skills and experience in volunteer coordination, you will oversee the recruitment, training, induction, support and ongoing development of volunteers throughout Missing People. This will primarily include volunteers in our busy support-centred Services Team and also wider staff teams across the organisation. Supporting the Volunteering Manager, you will use your dynamic style to engage and inspire volunteers across the charity, while ensuring the charity upholds its excellent standards in volunteer management.
The People department at Missing People plays a crucial role in supporting the performance of the charity. With a remit of HR, Volunteering, Learning and Development, Business Systems and Facilities, this department ensures our people have the skills, knowledge and resources to excel.
Missing People is ranked 18th in the Sunday Times 2016 Best 100 Not-for-Profit Organisations to work for, and received the prestigious Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Award for Volunteering.
Closing date: 9am on 22nd November 2017
First Interviews: 29th November 2017
Second Interviews: 7th December 2017
Start date: 22nd January 2018
- Job description, person specification and terms and conditions of employment
- Equal Opportunities Form
- Letter from Line Manager
If you would like to find out more about this role, please contact Dottie Greenwood, Volunteering Manager on 0208 392 4536.
All our job vacancies require a completed equal opportunities form, a full CV, along with a supporting statement; before the closing date.
- A full CV;
- A supporting statement (maximum 2 pages) that demonstrates how you meet the criteria listed in the person specification. This statement is crucial to help us consider you for the role, so don't forget to address each criterion in the person specification and specifically highlight any relevant experience and skills you have, and why you want to work at Missing People;
- Equal Opportunities Form.
Please be aware
- Applications that don’t match the above requirements will not be accepted.
- Due to the usually high number of applications and the limited resources of the charity, only applicants making it through to interview will be contacted. If you haven't heard from us by the date of the first interview then unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
- No agency applications or calls will be accepted.
- We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community.
You may have experience of the following:
Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Volunteering, Volunteer, Training, Inductions, Support, Coordinator, Development, Not for Profit