Want to join an award-winning and high profile charity that values its people? Missing People is recruiting a vital role at a crucial time. We now help almost 10,000 people in crisis each year and have a new Plan to help many more. Build on the success of the Missing People Choir making the finals of Britain’s Got Talent, and the charity being a Telegraph Christmas Appeal charity.
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Hours: 35 per week, some out of office hour’s work will be required
On-call: Part of the Communications on call team
Holiday: 25 days per annum plus statutory holidays
Location: South West London (Central Office is based in Mortlake – 12 mins from Clapham Junction and 23 mins from Waterloo)
Missing People is on the Sunday Times “100 Best Not-for-profit Organisations to Work for” List 2016 and offers the below benefits:
- 25 days annual leave per annum/pro rata plus statutory holidays
- Additional annual leave days awarded on length of service*
- Company pension contribution
- Life insurance (3 x salary)*
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including 24/7 support helpline
- Interest-free Season Ticket Loans*
- Additional maternity pay and leave*
- Additional paternity pay*
- Additional sick pay*
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
*available after probation period passed.
About Missing People
Our Vision is that every missing person is found safe.
We are a non-judgemental, highly skilled team of staff and volunteers working around the clock for everyone who needs us. We provide free 24 hour confidential support, help, advice by phone, email, text and online, including the opportunity to reconnect. We also coordinate a UK wide network of people, businesses and media to join the search for the estimated 250,000 people who go missing each year.
Missing People is an independent charity that relies on donations.
Support the Communications team to deliver high impact, engaging and compelling marketing and communications activity for the entire charity, to raise vital funds and awareness and keep missing appeals in the public eye.
Fundraising and Communications
The Fundraising and Communications team is responsible for appealing for individual missing people; creating sustainable long-term income and increasing awareness of the charity’s services. Roles within the team offer bright, motivated people who are inspired by our cause the chance to gain significant responsibility in a busy, hardworking and supportive workplace.
In return for your dedication, Missing People offers an attractive benefits package including 25 days holiday per annum, Company pension contribution (including Death in Service cover) and Season Ticket Loans. Plus, you will be working directly alongside our Services and Policy and Policy and Research teams, providing a tangible reminder of how your hard work makes a real difference.
Closing date: 9.00 am on 14th March 2018
First Interviews: 19th March 2018
Second Interviews: 23rd March 2018
Start date: ASAP
- Job description, person specification, terms and conditions of employment
- Letter from Line Manager
- Equal Opportunities Form
If you would like to find out more about this role, please contact Georgia Romeril on 0208 392 4511.
All our job vacancies require a completed equal opportunities form, a full CV, along with a supporting statement; before the closing date.
- Please send through a full CV;
- A supporting statement (maximum 2 pages) that demonstrates how you meet the criteria listed in the person specification. This statement is crucial to help us consider you for the role, so don't forget to address each criterion in the person specification and specifically highlight any relevant experience and skills you have, and why you want to work at Missing People;
- Equal Opportunities Form.
Please be aware
- Applications that don’t match the above requirements will not be accepted.
- Due to the usually high number of applications and the limited resources of the charity, only applicants making it through to interview will be contacted. If you haven’t heard from us by the date of the first interview then unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
- No agencies.
- We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community.
You may have experience of the following:
Fundraising/Training/Helpline, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Community Fundraising, Event Management, Not For Profit, IOF, Raisers Edge, Coordinator/Manager, etc.